Friday, 27 January 2012

Here again......Just

Well, what with one thing and another, January has completely passed me by. 

Problems with OH hospital appointments, being stuck in work from Dawn till Dusk, and I can't find my external Hard Drive with all my project photo's on.  So, no photo for this post.  Sorry folks.

I am looking forward to a Workshop at Pickleberry Crafts in Faversham with the talented Jenni Boxall from The Artistic Stamper.  The workshop is for an Altered Book.  I've been wanted to do this for a while, but never had the courage to start cutting up a book.  My love affair with books is well known in my family.  I have far too many, but cannot bring myself to part with any of them.  I really, really need a library room of my own. [Wishful thinking].

Keeping this short and sweet.  WHEN I find my hard drive I will make another post.

Oooh yea, BTW, I had a scrap layout published in this months Scrapbook Magazine.  Very excited me

 Take care and speak soon


Sunday, 1 January 2012


Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.  I wish you all a very Happy, Prosperous and Artful 2012.

Well to start as I mean to go on, my first post of 2012.


This started life as a white bird house bought from a large supermarket chain [in a sale].  I made it into a clock for a Christmas Present for my sons Girlfriend.. 

The main body was crackled and stamped, then a craquelure finish applied. The cracks were highlighted with Raw Umber Oil Paint.

Cogs are die cuts from Tim Holtx Die and the given a worn and weathered look with embossing powder, stamps and ink.

The green leaves are a Sissix die.

Bird and branch are from Maya Road [I think] and the flowers from the bridal selection of Hobby Craft.

Clock hands were coloured with alcohol inks because they were too gold and shiney.

Roof tiles were made using a Tim Holtz on the edge die.

The little face was made with UTEE in a silicone mold. Painted with Black Acrylic and highlighted with silver and gold gilt cream.  I found the tiny pair of glasses in a box of bits.  They took ages to secure on the face, but I think it was worth it.

I had some trouble with the clock mechanism.  The one I had was too short to pass through the wall of the bird house.  A Crafty friend sent me one with a longer spindle, but my clock hands wouldn't fit it.  So in the end I managed to track one down with a long spindle and new hands, but it was a tad too long, so I tied some Jute string round it to give the illusion that it is shorter.

I really enjoyed altering this.  I have already been asked by a friend to make something similiar.

Thats it for now.  I already have some bits sorted to upload soon.

Take Care